Friday, April 18, 2008

Stuck in my pants

For the record, I agree it’s a good idea to keep your pants on at work. I work in a fairly conservative place, and, although I’ve never read the dress code for dummies section of our employee handbook, I’m betting keep-your-pants-on is rule number two. Rule number one is you must wear undies, appropriate undies. Not sure what appropriate means, but I’m thankful not to be the undies enforcer. I think rule number three has to do with hairy toes and cleavage.

On a day-to-day basis, I happily keep my pants on at the office. But there’s a difference between happily keeping your pants on and being stuck. Did I mention I drink two 1 liter over-priced Figi waters a day?

Since drinking all that water has not shrunk my keester a single inch, I am devoted to my black pants. All women know there’s no color like black to make your jumbo butt look like a petite size 2. To my dismay, the only thing actually petite about me is my cleavage, and I'm not allowed to show that. See rule number three.


I tend to wear the same non-petite pair of black pants day-after-day, week-after-week, month-after-month, year-after-year, and decade-after-decade. You get the idea. You can only imagine how many wash cycles they have endured.

Apparently, one too many…

How do you win an argument with a zipper that’s NOT budging when you desperately have to pee?

4 comments:

Meg said...

Your braces seem pretty petite--at least from that great photo of you (which seems touched up a bit).

And may I suggest showing more cleavage so no one looks at your butt!

Meg said...

Hi. Just stopping by to see those braces again. They're so cute!

Janine Kain said...

Oh dear... hate when that happens. LOL

SWC said...

Loving your blog! I personally enjoy wearing black pants as the word on the street is that they are slimming. It's amazing, isn't it?