Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 1: Gosh, I have a Great Knee

This is day one, and I admit to feeling a bit silly. My chosen item to appreciate about myself today is my right knee. Sexy, I know. My right knee is significant because thanks to a skilled orthopedic surgeon and an anonymous donor, it actually works the way a knee should work.

I spent better than a quarter century with a "trick" knee. In addition to predicting the weather, my knee routinely "gave out" if I so much as looked at a pea-sized pebble. This condition resulted in numerous less-than-graceful maneuvers and a total void of stylish shoes in my wardrobe - two distressing situations.

When I finally decided to have it fixed, I was shocked to learn the "fix" required a ligament from a cadaver. Once I got over the shock of a "cadaver" part in my body - I had the surgery and voila - no more trick knee.

Until today, I never stopped to appreciate my knee. I also never stopped to appreciate the person whose ligament I received. Thank you...

Click on 30-Day Challenge tab above to find out how you can join me on my 30-day adventure.

No comments: