Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 9: Girth day

I started day 9 determined to appreciate my girth, ie. my weight. Since talking to myself worked so well on blue eyes day, I decided to give it a shot while driving to the grocery store. I tried saying, "I appreciate my weight" a few times. It didn't feel right. It felt like I was saying "I like my weight," and that felt like a boldface lie.

Then I remembered what my sister, Mary, told me about affirmations and chocolate chip cookies. It went something like this, "I am thankful and appreciative as I am receiving my perfect body weight." The key word is receiving. It felt a lot better. I was happily repeating this to myself outloud on the drive to Meijer's. Once there, I continued mumbling it to myself as I walked through the cookie aisle.

Then my cell phone rang and it was Mary. She let me know I had the affirmation a bit off, and that my self-appreciation skills were lacking, to say the least. I have to agree with her. I'll try and do better tomorrow. It's attitude day.

This self-appreciation stuff is getting easier, but clearly I have work to do. Consider joining me.

No comments: