Friday, September 17, 2010

Oops - What day is it?

Last time I checked I was on Day 9, which was girth appreciation day.  I'm not sure how it happened - but suddenly I'm supposed to be on day 13. Since it has become clear my 30 days aren't exactly going as planned - I've decided to rename this challenge the 30 Ways to Appreciate Myself. That way I've taken the guilt factor out, which definitely seemed counterproductive to the overall goal.

So here goes - ways to appreciate myself number 10: attitude.

My attitude is good unless it's not.

I've learned a few things along the line, and one is that a ping-ponging attitude, based on external events, is not a good strategy. For the most part I maintain an optimistic attitude, unless my daughter isn't.

If she is hurting or unhappy in anyway, it sends me ping-ponging. My head knows this is the worst thing I can do. Negativity does not need more energy flowing toward it. (It's a mom thing, not a smart mom thing, but a mom thing.) But as a smart mom, I know that what helps is to hold her in my mind, happy, smiling, full of energy, confidence and love. That's the energy I want to impart.

My attitude lesson is to hold the image of what I want firmly in my mind, regardless of external circumstances. Ping-ponging not allowed. I feel better.

Consider joining me on this 30-Ways Challenge. It feels good and it's guilt-free. How many things can you say that about?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Whatever you're on...I want some!!!